Friday, March 18, 2011

Why Netflix is the greatest thing ever invented.

How did primitive man (i.e. lived in the early 90s) ever get along without Netflix?  For the price of one new DVD a month, you have access to tens of thousands of movies, from the newest titles (though 28 days later....and delivered by zombies), to the classics, to obscure, Hong Kong Jackie Chan films (something I appreciate very much) and everything in between.  Seeing those red envelopes in my mailbox is like a mini-Christmas to me; either I get to watch something great that will remain in my memory for all time (Kick-Ass)...or something the equivalent of socks (any Twilight movie).

Yeah, that metaphor sucks.

Anyway, most of the movies and TV shows I watch nowadays are from Netflix.  I still watch a few things on cable (sports, whatever is on Discovery at the time), so I'm not quite ready to "cut the cord" just yet.  However, with Amazon getting into the streaming game and the ability to get MLB games from MLB-At-Bat, getting your favorite shows should be getting easier (and, dare I say, cheaper?) than the 200 channels (with nothin' on) most cable services offer now.

Most of the titles I will talk about in this blog will be things I first got on Netflix and liked so much I bought myself a copy.  Or curiosities I wanted to check out.  Or things I haven't seen in years that are viewed through the eyes of nostalgia.  Or just crap I happen to stumble across while on my XBox at 2AM.

Yeah, expect a lot of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment